The victims of a fire that razed a residential area in Sagkahan district here have received financial assistance from the government.
The city government, through the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO), has extended PHP15,000 to each of the five families with totally damaged houses.
The one with a partially damaged house and two sharing the same household received PHP10,000 and PHP5,000 each, respectively.
Affected families claimed the financial assistance Thursday afternoon at the convention center following the heath protocols by authorities, CSWDO officer-in-charge Fe Chona Bahin said in a statement.
Earlier this week, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) has also distributed relief goods and PHP5,000 financial aid to each of the eight families under its Assistance to Individuals in Crisis Situations program.
The DSWD said other government agencies that extended assistance are the Office of the Civil Defense, the Department of Trade and Industry, the National Housing Authority, and the Presidential Commission on the Urban Poor, among others.
Meanwhile, no casualties have been reported during the fire incident on Sept. 6, which was caused by an unplugged electrical device, based on the investigation of the Bureau of Fire and Protection. (PNA)